May 19, 2014

4 Unique Décor Restaurants in Seminyak, Bali + Outfits

Nowadays the factors that are taken into consideration in choosing a restaurant are not only whether it is a treat to our taste-buds and ears, but also to our eyes.

Here are 4 restaurants with great interiors in Seminyak, Bali that will make you want to punch yourself if you forget to bring your camera.

 1. Motel Mexicola

If you love colorful places with fun and quirky decor, then you have to visit Motel Mexicola. You will immediately feel happy just by being here! Aaand the place is full of beautiful spots to take pictures! Ahem.
Duo Taurus!
The atmosphere was great too, but it's SO hot in the afternoon! No wonder most people prefer to come here at night for some fun drinks with their friends.


Love this casual, yet sweet dress from GOWIGASA next arrival! And the material is just perfect for hot humid weather! 
What I Wore: GOWIGASA Dress | Amble Footwear Shoes | Gowimawa Bracelets

We only ordered a plate of nachos with guacamole and two juices. Not a great selection, but okay for snacks. I will definitely be coming back here again to try their other dishes!

My other outfit! Because life is too short to wear one outfit a day. B)



What I Wore: ZARA Top | GOWIGASA Polkadot Midi Skirt
Told you they have many interesting spots to take pictures. Even the toilet sign is cute!


MOTEL MEXICOLA
Jl. Kayujati no. 9 X, Petitenget Beach,
Seminyak, Bali
Phone: +62 361 736688
Open Hours: 11:00am - 1:00am
Price Range: IDR 23,000 - IDR 230,000
Cuisines: Mexican

2. La Favela

La Favela, a hidden treasure for all vintage lovers out there!
I felt like I was in a jungle or something when I walked through the pathway to the main door.
Once you get inside the restaurant, it's quite dark so I didn't take any photos of the indoor area. But I've got to tell you that the decor was AMAZING! Definitely one of the best I've ever been to—visually. They really put so much effort into little details! Lots and lots of unique knick knacks! :D
This is one of the seating areas which is located outdoor, near the restrooms.
Talk about the restrooms, I posted a short video on my Instagram:
It literally gave me chills when I went inside! I don't know, maybe because I was alone and the fact that there is A LOT of creepy photos on the wall, fml. But while I was creeped out, I couldn't help but thinking how awesome it would be to have a photoshoot here!!
The other part of the outdoor space. Image credit: Milly&Alex
We didn't get the chance to order anything because apparently they open at 6pm while we got there at 3pm! *sigh
But huge thanks to the nice people there who allowed me to wander around so I could take some pictures and share it with you guys! :)
What I Wore: GOWIGASA Floral Long Sleeve Shirt (Yellow) and Must Have HW Shorts (Olive Green)
On the second floor, there is a roof decorated with vintage toy cars and bikes! It only means one thing: Must. Take. Photos.
The space on the far right was still under renovation when we visited.
What I Wore: GOWIGASA Floral Long Sleeve Shirt (Blue) and Must Have HW Shorts (Brown)

Besides the cool interior design, you also don't want to miss their theme parties!!
Make sure to check out their Facebook for the upcoming events! ;)

LA FAVELA
Jl. Laksamana Oberoi 177X Seminyak, Bali
Phone: +62 361 730603
Open Hours: 6:00pm - 2:00am
Cuisines: South American


3. Sea Circus

One word to describe this place: COLORFUL!

Quoted from their website:

"Sea Circus is not an actual circus. It’s also not on the sea. It’s kinda near the beach… and probably as entertaining as a circus. OK, Sea Circus is an odd name. But it’s a really good restaurant, bar & coffee den thingy. So there."
So eye-catching, isn't it? I really love the painting!! One of my Instagram followers told me that it was his uncle's work. Well done, sir! :)
When you step in the restaurant, you will be welcomed by this ice cream freezer on your right...
...and a colorful set of bar stools on your left.
Candy colored Buddha statues! x)
This is the main area of the restaurant. Wait... was that random guy staring at my camera?
"I SEE YOUUUUU!" :|
Ok back to the cheerful photos!
Wah! The waitresses were also dressed in colorful uniforms!! And correct me if I'm wrong, they even sell the dress if you want! :D
Our F&B! My drink was Verry Berry (Strawberry, Raspberry, and Blueberry)- love it, very refreshing on a hot day! And Yansen's was a nothing-special Latte.
 Didn't get to taste his food, but he said it was delicious!
I think mine was sauteed mushrooms on toast with feta. Perfect portion if you are not so hungry but want to nibble.
Satisfying our sweet tooth with churros before we left!

What I Wore: Topshop White Turtleneck Top and Necklace | GOWIGASA Red Pinafore
SEA CIRCUS
Jalan Kayu Aya, Oberoi Rd no. 22 (opposite Samaya Villas), Seminyak, Bali.
Phone: +62 361 738 667
Price range: IDR 20,000 - IDR 145,000
Cuisines: European, Australian, Central American


4. Revolver Espresso

On the way to the next place! :D

I must tell you that it was quite challenging to find this cafe as the signage is very easy to miss. My taxi driver even got lost before he finally asked some guys on the street who told him that Revolver Espresso is located in the lane opposite Bali Clinic. So you can walk down lane way and find the front door (above picture) OR otherwise, you can enter from "This is a Love Song" store.

Many reviews say it's a must-go place if you love coffee. Unfortunately, I don't drink coffee, but as you can see, there is another reason to visit this place: Interesting decor! :D

 The first floor. 
I absolutely love the atmosphere and the cozy vibe here! The staff were very friendly too! 

↑ The second floor. Lol, it seems like Yansen was staring creepily at the man on the far left, but nah, they were just chit-chatting. 
↑ With my BFF, Vincent! He was the one who suggested ALL these cool places! Great taste or what! :D 

 My juice: a mix of banana and peanut butter (yum!!) :D 

 They also have unique names for their menus. This one is AK-47 which is basically poached eggs and bread, filled with spinach and supposed-to-be-spicy-but-it-was-not sauce. 
Image credit: Revolver Espresso's Facebook page.
♥ My Outfit 
Thank goodness I've taken outfit shots before I went to Revolver! Because let's face it, the place is cool but it's too dark to have decent #ootd pictures. :/
DONALD!!! One of my all time favorite Disney characters! Jess and I used to subscribe to "Majalah Donal Bebek" when we were kids! :D
What I Wore: GOWIGASA Donald Duck Plaid Shirt, Black Sleeveless Turtleneck Top, HW Acid Washed Denim Shorts, and Mirrored Sunglasses | Forever21 Gold Chain Necklace | Charles & Keith Mustard Bag | Jeffrey Campbell Black Boots

REVOLVER ESPRESSO
Jl. Kayu Aya/Gang 51,
Seminyak, Bali (Opposite Bali Clinic.)
Phone: +623617884968
Price range: IDR 34,000 - IDR 57,000
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch

If you have any restaurant recommendations in Bali please share in the comments below! I'd greatly appreciate it! :)


Elissa Yamada

19 comments:

  1. Cicii, you have to visited The Bistrot (Seminyak), Angelita Tea Salon & Patisserie (Kerobokan), Rimba (Nusa Dua)! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah ok next time!! :D Bistrot udah sempet lewatin tapi udah ga ada waktu kemarin huhu.
      Anyway thank you rekomendasi2nyaaa ♥

      Delete
  2. Aaaaaa~ I love motel mexicola and sea circus since its so colorful there! x'3
    OMGGG~ ce you can stand bali heat by wearing long sleeve like that? -saluteeee- :')

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mexicola! I love the patterns!! Gotta go there someday..


    Love,
    .G
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear, u are always perfect *-* amazing post wowoowow

    my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the places ! so eye catching haha
    and love your outfits <3


    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa the places look amazing! the food looks very deliciousss <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  7. those place.... ah-mazing!

    xoxo,
    http://donna-visca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!

    Would you like to follow? Let me know & I follow right back!

    Kiss,
    PERONALBLOG|G+|BLOGLOVIN’|FACEBOOK|INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for all the resto recommendation ! all the restos look so cool <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfits and also the how vibrant the photos are with the colourful backgrounds. All the restaurants look pretty good but unfortunately I reside in Malaysia. I would definitely take a chance to visit Bali one day!

    - Yeun Hui

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I love your outfits, looks so stunning!
    also the places, so vintage, aww! I would like to join there!
    btw your skin looked so shinny ci! <3

    rachael,
    lameandviolent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please visit Angelita Tea Salon and Patisserie in kerobokan area if you come again to bali next tne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should visit living stone , metis , sarong , biku, meja

    Angiebeautydiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an amazing culinary trips and also loves your outfit during these days!


    clurlie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you know that you can create short urls with AdFly and earn $$$ from every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome things you've generally imparted to us. Simply continue written work this sort of posts.The time which was squandered in going for educational cost now it can be utilized for studies.Thanks Best Dinner in Seminyak Bali

    ReplyDelete